- Sam B.
Star Sessions: Why 3 Hours Works
Parents sometimes question our 2-to-3 hour format and we often hear that "my student could never focus for that long!" My response: you'd be surprised at what your child can accomplish.
There are several great reasons for our 3 hour format for high school and college programs:
1) Build Stamina. Learning to work effectively for three hour increments will prepare you for what college life will demand.
2) Work on Executive Skills. You will have enough time to practice planning and organization without feeling rushed.
3) Maintain a Work Rhythm. You will develop a consistent work routine which is proven effective and necessary for many students.
4) Feed off Health Peer Influence. In a positive group setting, you will be motivated by a peer group of students all working and supporting each other.
5) Complete a lot of Work. Three hours is needed to get content support for a week's worth of school work. Time will go by quickly. You will be amazed at how much you can get done!
6) Work Ahead. If you are finished with your upcoming academic work, there's still plenty that you can do to ensure success. You can work on long-term assignments, review prior tests/concepts, contact teachers to ask questions, prelearn upcoming topics, or start college/career research.
To find out more about our innovative model, schedule a free consultation by calling us at (214) 444-3431 or emailing us today!